Tuesday 30 May 2017

CBSE JK topper planning year long sabbatical, another to pursue career in Singing

Jammu

State topper of Jammu and Kashmir in the recently declared results of the CBSE Muskan Tiyagi is planning a year-long sabbatical; economics topper of Jammu Nandini Kapoor wants to pursue a career in playback singing.

Topper planning Year long Sabbatical

Muskan Tiyagi, whose father is an employee in the United Breweries (UB) group, scored 491 marks out 500 (97.7 percent), thus becoming a state topper. A resident of Meerut in Utter Pradesh, Muskan landed up in Jammu due to her father’s transfer from Rajasthan to Jammu. Muskan joined Jodhamal Public School (JPS) in the mid-session of Class 11th. She performed well but what surprised even the staff of Jodhamal was her performance in the CBSE 12th class board examination.

They expected her to do well but she would become a state topper was unanticipated. Ask Muskan about hard work she put in for becoming state topper and she would tell you about the importance of taking a well-planned route. “It is not about how many hours you put-in to become a topper but about the quality of work you do. Smart work is as important as hard work. When you sit with books in your hand, no other thought should pass through your mind. Stay focused with whatever you have in your hand. Book or Mobile, both need focused approach,” Muskan told Kashmir Life.

She added “I would sleep at 11 in the night and wake up, exactly at 6.30 in the morning. I have never missed by sleep nor woken-up at 4 in the morning. Self-discipline makes you a successful person is my belief. Love whatever you are doing. Don’t do anything just because your parents or your family believes you can do.  Do whatever you like because you want to do it and see how success would follow you wherever you go.”

Muskan credits her family for having supported every decision she has taken. “My parents have always respected my decisions. They have been my greatest support. They have never forced their decisions on me,” Muskan told Kashmir Life. What separates Muskan from rest of the students who qualified class 12th CBSE examination this year is her decision to take a yearlong sabbatical. “I have planned to spend this year with myself.  I am not in a rush. There is no hurry. So, I shall remain a year away from worries and tensions of future,” said Muskan.

“I have interest in fashion designing and there is also this desire of becoming a Civil Servant. A year away would help me to take firm decision,” added Muskan. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) or Honors in Literature, let us see what future holds for me, said Muskan. She profusely thanked her school teachers and management for their support. “Had they not been there, this achievement would not have been possible,” Muskan said.

Economics topper interested in playback singing

Daughter of a government employee, Nandini Kapoor scored 99 marks in Economics. Her score was 456 out of 500 i.e 91 percent. With such good grades, it was expected that she would talk about pursuing a career in Chartered Accountancy or Civil Services or Business Management or Hotel Management but Nandini’s plans are indicative of changing mindset of conservative societal set-up in Jammu city. Nandni wants to pursue her career in playback singing.

She wants to become top playback singer of the country. “I have drawn-up plans to become top playback singer of the country. My school has given me the title of “Nightingale of Jammu”. I have earned this title purely because of my singing talent. I do find my singing at par with some of the best in the country,” said Nandini.   She added “I have so far no other plan. I am not interested in civil services but much would depend on how my singing career goes in the days to come.”

Asked about other professions, Nandini said “I do understand singing won’t suffice my daily needs. So, apart from singing, I have great interest in teaching. I would love to become a college or university lecturer after I complete my studies. That would ensure, my pocket does not run dry. But I have so far no plans of civil services or some other government service. I have no interest even in making my career in Banking. I am made for Singing and I want to prove all those wrong who feel that this is not a profession for toppers to choose.”

Nandini’s choice of career has the support of his family. His father Ajay Kapoor, a government employee believes Children should be allowed to decide their destiny. “We should allow our children to decide their future. In the present world, they decide their destiny best. They know their strengths and weaknesses. We can give our opinion but we should better leave decisions to our children. This has been my belief since the day my daughter started going school,” added Kapoor.

The post CBSE JK topper planning year long sabbatical, another to pursue career in Singing appeared first on Kashmir Life.



from Kashmir Life http://ift.tt/2r6XlJH
via IFTTThttp://ift.tt/1iGhVXj

No comments:

Post a Comment